Esters is an ambitious independent cafe in Stoke Newington. We have been featured in the Telegraph’s top 30 coffee shops in the UK and Eater’s 13 Best London Breakfasts. Eater named our miso white chocolate cookie as the best in London, and Felicity Cloake (The Guardian) picked our mince pies as her favourite of 2018.
We recently refurbished the café – it’s a brand new, functional, beautifully designed space.
Our food offering is at the centre of what we do. It is seasonally focussed and creative, with inspiration coming from a range of sources. Our menu changes regularly. We work with a range of suppliers including; Rushtons, Chegworth Valley, Neal’s Yard Dairy, Wright Brothers, Rookery Eggs & Little Bread Pedlar.
We are looking for a full-time chef (45-50 hours/week) to join us around mid-February. We’re a small kitchen team and our staff turnover is low, meaning that this vacancy does not come along very often. We are looking for an individual who will take an active role in menu development and kitchen management, working closely with chef-owner to continue to push our menu forward during weekly creative meetings. We are able to provide support and guidance to coach the right individual to the level we require.
Perks of the job include; no evenings, sociable hours (shifts finish 6pm latest and 7.30am at the earliest!), some Sundays off.
Applicants must be able to work weekends.
- Possess a friendly disposition and exceptionally positive attitude
- Have two years experience minimum (not necessarily in a café environment)
- Be actively engaged with London’s food scene
- Be responsible for your own food knowledge and use this to creatively contribute to our menu
- Have experience on the line and feel confident in managing service independently
- Share our passion for providing outstanding hospitality
- Be able to work independently and self-manage, but also work well within a team
- Be fastidious about cleanliness, organisation and timekeeping
- Have excellent English communication skills
We offer you
- Competitive rate of pay, holiday pay & share of service charge
- Plenty of delicious coffee & food to try – lunch is provided
- The opportunity to learn and progress within a business that is looking to innovate and grow
- The ability to contribute creatively to our menu and develop your own dishes
Get in touch with an introduction and a CV highlighting your relevant experience.
Only applicants called to interview should expect a reply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Nia & Jack