PART TIME BARISTA POSITION
Esters is an ambitious independent cafe in Stoke Newington dedicated to the best in brunch, coffee, cake and more. We have been featured in the Telegraph’s top 30 coffee shops in the UK and Eater’s 16 Special Breakfasts in London.
We recently refurbished the café – it’s a brand new, functional, beautifully designed space.
Coffee comes from Has Bean, tea is from Postcard Teas. We use a Linea Classic, Mythos One and EK-43.
Our food is seasonally focussed and creative. We make the majority of our products from scratch in our small kitchen. Food is a really big part of what we do – we are looking to hire someone who eats out or cooks regularly, and generally shares our love of great food and drink.
We are looking for a part-time barista (20-30 hours/week) to start mid-October. Experience and confidence in coffee making are vital as our baristas work solo on the machine.
We are a small team and staff are expected to cover a variety of roles. We are looking for someone who is as comfortable explaining our food offering to customers as they are pouring a great cup behind the bar. Applicants with experience in both areas will be preferred.
Applicants must be able to work weekends.
- Possess a friendly disposition and exceptionally positive attitude
- Share our passion for providing outstanding hospitality
- Be able to work independently and self-manage, but also work well within a team
- Be fastidious about cleanliness, organisation and timekeeping
- Have over one years experience and a solid understanding of multiple brew methods, extraction and latte art
- Have excellent English communication skills
We offer you
- Competitive rate of pay, holiday pay & share of service charge
- Plenty of delicious coffee & food to try – lunch is provided
- The opportunity to learn and progress within a business that is looking to innovate and grow
Get in touch with an introduction and a CV highlighting your relevant experience. We would like to fill this role ASAP, so please apply early.
Only applicants called to interview should expect a reply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Nia & Jack